Passwordless authentication simulator
The authentication simulator aims at testing RemAuth with various use cases such regular passwordless authentication, first passwordless authentication and subscription to a service.
Use cases are the results of:
- service properties as defined in the Customer Center,
- parameters of the /authenticate API endpoint,
- assumptions about existing system database(s).
You can play with these elements using the checkboxes of the form below.
Use case summary
The following figure summarizes the different cases that can arise when a service S wants to authenticate an email address X.
- The Authenticate action is a message broadcast to any known authentication source of the X user for the S service.
- When on-the-fly registration is enabled, the Registricate action sends a first login email in order to authentify X and to link X to S.
- When on-the-fly registration is enabled, the Subscribe action sends a first login email in order to authentify X and to link X to S in the context of a corporate checking which failed.
In any case, S is informed of the processed action in order to react accordingly. More details ih the API reference guide, especially the /authenticate and /authenticated endpoints as well as the Event notification section.